A WOMAN IS THE WHOLE TAMALE

A Woman is the whole Tamale..

Do men like smart women? I’ve often wondered about this and asked a few good male friends what they really think. The answers I got back were definitely a plethora of logic. I began to realize quite some time ago that most men appreciated intelligence and beauty in a woman but were more than slightly afraid of it. I also found that most women underestimate their candlepower and most men overestimate theirs. Men are very confident about their IQ levels and it’s a shock when they meet a woman who is also. So that brings us to this, women will usually underplay their intelligence to make their male counterpart feel comfortable while men overstate it.

I also think some men who might be on the controlling side don’t like intelligent women because they might present too much of a challenge to control. But a confident man who knows who he is will appreciate the gift of intelligence when it comes to a partnership. A superwoman needs a superman by her side.

Women are the whole tamale which requires some serious focus and attention from the male species. We are fully loaded, hot, emotional, thinking, feeling and intellectual beings.

So my wonderful male friends from across the country responded to my question gladly and this is what they have to say:

-Hi Estee
Yes I love them as long as I remain smarter than them !!!!!!!!
Love you
John

-Estee;
Yes I like smart women!
I don’t know exactly why….I must confess that I haven’t really thought about it before you asked.
I was raised in a family of women….sisters and cousins and two grandmothers who had lost their spouses and a maiden aunt who was like a second mother to me….they were all as smart as I was or nearly so….perhaps that was what I came to expect in a woman!
I like engaging conversation….how do you have an intelligent conversation with someone who doesn’t know or grasp the things you are talking about?…..perhaps that is part of the of the answer.
I like being challenged….how does a partner do that who is not at your level….someone who makes you think….someone who makes you be a better person….someone who contributes to you as a couple as friends….that is important!….that’s all I can think of at this time.
……………Don

-Dear Estee:
I would say it depends if that Woman made me curious enough to see if She was Smart Enough
to carry on an intelligent conversation with and was articulate and could be Funny.
Try to intimidate me..
(Hey You could always try) I think my mother was Jewish. (Guilt Trips anyone)

And yes I would love to Paint You in the Nude with your Rosy Pomettes Tout Rouge.

James @ 65

-Hi Estee.
 Your question is really a loaded one. The answer really depends on circumstances not specified. I’m married and not looking for anything but when I was single if I was going to a black tie event a smart woman or at least eye candy would be wanted. If I were out drinking beer with the boys afterwards I would want someone who just wants to have fun. If you are talking a life long relationship than a bit of education, a bit of religion, average looks, weight height proportionate, healthy and loyal. Do I like smart women, I guess I must. I don’t care for dumb women. I married one who has forgot more about politics, the arts, history, geography, and current events and can’t change a light bulb.

If I were a high school drop out I would just be looking for a fat girl with lots of tattoos and body piercings. That seems to be the norm.
I’m guessing this may not be exactly what you are looking for, feel free to ask more questions.
Tom

So there you have it! Anytime you talk about intelligence and gender, people definitely have strong feelings about it.

Ladies, let your light shine bright, there is  someone out there who will appreciate you for being YOU. The best relationships are the ones in which you don’t have to change a thing about yourself because your partner loves you just the way you are …

Copyright Es-tee Miller

Advertisements

About redcontroversy

I know I'm a stargazing,skywatching,storm loving, sungazing addict. Environmentalist, political blogger, professional photographer, writer, artist...my favourite quote is: "If the sight of the blue skies fills you with joy, if a blade of grass springing up in the fields has power to move you, if the simple things of nature have a message that you understand, rejoice, for your soul is alive". ~ Eleonora Duse ~ ...my soul is definitely alive.
This entry was posted in love and poetry and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to A WOMAN IS THE WHOLE TAMALE

1. JACK says:

Es-tee, I’m American and LOVE beautiful, smart women! Am I winning yet? 🙂

2. Julianna says:

My husband couldn’t stand that he thought I was smarter than him. I had a degree and he didn’t! I only loved him, he couldn’t see it. So yes I agree Estee, some men can’t handle it. I hope you find your superman . Love you. Jules

3. Chef Adrian says:

Good Lord woman. Brains, beauty and she knows how to cook! Any man who can’t adapt to those dazzling qualities ..Well! All my wives were smarter than me and I loved them for it LOL As long as I had a meal on the table for them when they came home from work they were happy!!

4. DEV says:

Great subject and most men will run from this question! it bothers us for real LOL This question of yours is fully loaded question. I am old now to recognize them when they appear..This man loves intelligent women, would not consider spending a relationship, long term unless she was. Pretty faces, shallow minds, and perky bodies eventually all start to wane. You want to be left with a person who is just as beautiful on the outside as the inside because that’s what your going to be left with when your older. Another thought provoking article Estee, you keep all of us on our toes. Thank you. Dev.

5. Tazzzzzzzzz says:

This IS a loaded question. I like an intelligent woman…in fact I like the whole package. I only felt threatened once in my early twenties but have matured a long way since those days. Men take longer to mature! and when they do ..YOU have a superman. I consider myself one these days. Lots of love to you my friend!

6. IAN says:

Es-Tee, your blog keeps getting referred to my Twitter feed. I’m impressed, great writing style. Very provocative. Would you be interested in doing an interview with me? I’m a journalist for quite a well known Canadian mag? I’ve sent you my contact info. Look forward to hearing from you Ian Short.

7. BRUNO says:

Estee, I’ve watched you for a long time from afar 😉 one of the most inspiring moments I’ve ever seen anyone do was your actions in Colorado about 8 years ago. I was involved in the same marketing company you were working for indirectly and there was a wild crowd of three thousand people to calm down. They threw you the herring and you got up on stage without missing a beat and within 10 seconds you could of heard a pin drop in that building. Most AMAZING thing I’ve ever seen.And I thought to myself this girl isn’t even a rock star but she is LOL..I couldn’t keep my eyes off of you.. lost track of you for awhile and the happiest day of my life was when you came across my news feed on Facebook. A mutual friend sent me your blog and I’m hooked. A smart man would want a woman with your qualities beside him.and I hope you’ve found him… intelligent, caring and bonus beautiful. But I will say honestly that people like you could be one legged and I’d still as “James at 65” says would want to paint you nude.. all I’m going to notice is that beautiful soul and mind. Namaste. Bruno.

8. KARIN says:

Love your blog! some real stuff going on here 🙂