LOVE WORD IS OVERUSED

Heart Drop

LOVE WORD IS OVERUSED

Have you noticed how many people around you today casually throw the love word around? My coffee muse took me off thoughtfully this morning to thinking that people “love” using that “love” word so casually and it has absolutely no meaning to them, it’s the same as any other. It’s lost power in these modern times.

Love is that desperate feeling you have for someone that you miss them so much it leaves your heart actually aching. They are the first thing you think of when you wake up in the morning and the last thing you think of at night just before you fall asleep. You would actually risk your own life to save theirs.

You cannot use this word and claim it is yours unless you really “feel” it. Savour it and use it only on those special people..preserved for that special someone who will not leave you for another woman or man and would do anything for you to be with them and you the same.

In other words preserve the word of “love”….

Copyright Es-tee Miller

“Only once in your life, I truly believe, you find someone who can completely turn your world around. You tell them things that you’ve never shared with another soul and they absorb everything you say and actually want to hear more. You share hopes for the future, dreams that will never come true, goals that were never achieved and the many disappointments life has thrown at you. When something wonderful happens, you can’t wait to tell them about it, knowing they will share in your excitement. They are not embarrassed to cry with you when you are hurting or laugh with you when you make a fool of yourself. Never do they hurt your feelings or make you feel like you are not good enough, but rather they build you up and show you the things about yourself that make you special and even beautiful. There is never any pressure, jealousy or competition but only a quiet calmness when they are around. You can be yourself and not worry about what they will think of you because they love you for who you are. The things that seem insignificant to most people such as a note, song or walk become invaluable treasures kept safe in your heart to cherish forever. Memories of your childhood come back and are so clear and vivid it’s like being young again. Colours seem brighter and more brilliant. Laughter seems part of daily life where before it was infrequent or didn’t exist at all. A phone call or two during the day helps to get you through a long day’s work and always brings a smile to your face. In their presence, there’s no need for continuous conversation, but you find you’re quite content in just having them nearby. Things that never interested you before become fascinating because you know they are important to this person who is so special to you. You think of this person on every occasion and in everything you do. Simple things bring them to mind like a pale blue sky, gentle wind or even a storm cloud on the horizon. You open your heart knowing that there’s a chance it may be broken one day and in opening your heart, you experience a love and joy that you never dreamed possible. You find that being vulnerable is the only way to allow your heart to feel true pleasure that’s so real it scares you. You find strength in knowing you have a true friend and possibly a soul mate who will remain loyal to the end. Life seems completely different, exciting and worthwhile. Your only hope and security is in knowing that they are a part of your life.” …Bob Marley
Advertisements

About redcontroversy

I know I'm a stargazing,skywatching,storm loving, sungazing addict. Environmentalist, political blogger, professional photographer, writer, artist...my favourite quote is: "If the sight of the blue skies fills you with joy, if a blade of grass springing up in the fields has power to move you, if the simple things of nature have a message that you understand, rejoice, for your soul is alive". ~ Eleonora Duse ~ ...my soul is definitely alive.
This entry was posted in love and poetry. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to LOVE WORD IS OVERUSED

1. tazzzzzzzzz says:

Estee, I agree. It’s used pretty frivously these days and too many people have lost their real values. Good blog. LOVE YOU for real girl.

2. lmcdaniel says:

I’ll sweetly disagree. I’m around all my family all the time lol The people in my phone are well my family the people i talk to are well my family. When were on the phone it’s time to hang up I say I love you bye. They may or may not say it back i say it so quickly and then hangup. I’m used to doing it like you say up there. I also know I have taught myself to do it. I grew up not knowing what love was or what love was supposed to feel like. I can’t remember ever hearing it . Not even from my parents. Not having someone to tell you they love you sux. I know from first hand. I work in a job where all kinds of crap is said and done. People die everyday is what I guess I’m trying to say You telling someone you love them could be the very last thing that they hear. So I will politely step aside now and continue to let you get your feed back… Just know I don’t totally disagree with your concept i know what your getting at. I’ve been married awhile it’s not always been an easy marriage but it still worth fighting for. I just feel there are different relms as you would say to love. You can love your dog your cat Your rose bush… But, the love you feel for your brother is different and the love of your kids is different you see there’s just different forms. Please don’t be offended I didn’t write you this long thing to hurt your feelings just to give you a different out look into another window on the house. I love you. Not because it’s wrong just because. were here to bring each other to different levels in our ability you are my blog friend I enjoy reading your work. I hope you do mine too. But we are here for the same thing we love to write. So with that said. Till I read you again

• Thank you..what a wonderful post! I don’t disagree with you either..My family, friends, Mimmo (my lovable maltipoo) who is my most loyal companion! get showered with the word “love”.. I tried to portray that we are careful with the word “hate”.. but “love” gets tossed around. It’s about taking a moment perhaps before using it and the whole underestimation in the word itself. Also when it’s used too much, it’s less believed. And yes, I love to write as well… Look forward to your next writing! I truly do love reading them.. :-)….

• Bruno says:

I think it’s great your fighting to save your marriage. Nowadays they seem so disposable. It’s hard to understand for me sometimes that so many of us grow up without love or even hearing those three simple words that can mean so much. My family is so much about love and sharing, I truly have been blessed in this life. Blessings my friend.

• chanel99 says:

Beautiful response! I agree relationships are worth fighting for. But do agree somewhat that the Love word has become so shallow to a lot of people with no real meaning.

3. Bruno says:

Great post! I’m a lover and the word has always had huge significance for me. I do not use it lightly in any relationship I have, especially with a woman. If it’s used at all it means I cherish her and adore her. And ususally portrays you intend spending a lot of time with that particular person. I was married for twenty years and never failed to use it as many times as I could in a day to let my wife know just how much she was loved. People today DO misuse it in relationships, if you say it you better mean it. Men sometimes forget how much that word means to women and the total significance of it. Be prepared for a landslide of love returned when you do decide to use it. Estee, your blogs make my day. Look forward to meeting up with you in January and do hope you consider my offer I’ve sent you. The team eagerly awaits your response 🙂 LOVE Bruno

4. chanel99 says:

I agree Estee, seems like every “Joe Blow” out there has a hidden agenda. They only want to take and when they’ve gotten what they think is almost ALL , that’s when they tell you YOUR at the bottom of the list. Been there too many times and I’m done with it. Give your love to ONLY the one who thinks your the most AMAZING woman out there.. which you are!! Love..Love.. Chanel

5. Bob Patterson says:

Hey Red,
    Although at times you and I have different opinions, it is not often that I disagree with you. This time I have a little different feeling towards our expression of “LOVE” to another in our life. My lovely lady hears my expression of love for her every day and knows that it does not come lightly or just as an after thought. As I have gotten older I have started to take notice of the many, many people that I “LOVE” who are involved in my life at many different levels. There are many men and women in my life whom I love!!!!! They may be family, they may be friends or they may have been colleges. I think the difference of opinion is in the context of the word “LOVE”. I totally understand the context in which you wrote your blog, I just feel that love is a much broader thing. I don’t know if you will understand this or not, but I love you and the person you are. Having known you through The Haven and even though I have never met you face to face, my respect and admiration for you has grown. Someone might say well Bob that is not love, I respectfully disagree. Most the people who have become close to me and have walked life’s path with me and taught me to be a better person…………….I love!!!!! One of the toughest things for me in my life is the missed opportunities I have had to tell someone how strongly I felt about them and now they are gone!!! I very much enjoy your writing……………….and I look forward to continuing to read and learn from your Blog!!!! Bob :o) :o)

• Hi Bob.. I think your right..I wrote this in a painful moment..but still think it stands. I was using this comparison more so in relationships between a man and woman. Thank you so much for your response Bob.. always appreciate hearing from you. And the respect is mutual, believe me… Best, Estee

6. Bruno says:

I admire your bravery here. Your not knocking love or anyone just expressing that when you use this word to another woman or man it has meaning. I understand what your saying here. Telling it like it is a quality.Not too many women out there like you. Very wise words.